Title: Cocaine Bear
Director: Elizabeth Banks
Writer: Jimmy Warden
- Margot Robbie as Ashley, a young woman who accidentally stumbles upon the cocaine bear while on a camping trip with friends.
- Michael B. Jordan as Ranger Williams, a local forest ranger who helps Ashley navigate the dangerous situation.
- Betty Gilpin as Agent Jenkins, a DEA agent investigating the drug cartel responsible for the cocaine.
- Kumail Nanjiani as Patel, a bumbling drug mule who accidentally drops the cocaine in the forest.
- Danny DeVito as the voice of the cocaine bear.
Cocaine Bear tells the true story of a bear in Kentucky who accidentally ingested over 70 pounds of cocaine that was dropped from a plane by a drug smuggler. The bear’s wild journey begins when it becomes intoxicated and begins to wreak havoc on a nearby town.
Meanwhile, a group of friends, led by Ashley, are camping in the same forest and stumble upon the bear. They quickly realize that the bear is not behaving normally and that something is seriously wrong. They are soon joined by Ranger Williams, who helps them navigate the dangerous situation and keep them safe from the bear’s unpredictable behavior.
At the same time, DEA Agent Jenkins is investigating the drug cartel responsible for the cocaine and discovers that the bear may have played a role in their operations. She tracks down the bumbling drug mule, Patel, who accidentally dropped the cocaine in the forest, and puts the pieces of the puzzle together.
As the bear’s behavior becomes increasingly dangerous, the group must come together to figure out how to deal with the situation before it’s too late.
Director Elizabeth Banks brings her trademark wit and humor to this wild and surreal true story, while Margot Robbie, Michael B. Jordan, Betty Gilpin, Kumail Nanjiani, and Danny DeVito provide standout performances in this darkly comedic tale.
Overall, Cocaine Bear is a thrilling and entertaining ride that is not to be missed. With its talented cast, expert direction, and incredible true story, it’s sure to be one of the standout films of the year.