Worldsfeed Health Desk: In this article, we’ll explore five fruits that can help you stay in shape and feel great throughout the year. These fruits not only taste delicious but also offer various health benefits for your body. Let’s dive right in.
Proper nutrition is crucial, especially during the summer months when you need to stay hydrated and maintain your resistance against diseases. Here are some tips:
- Stick to a routine: Have breakfast between 8 am and 9 am, lunch between 1 pm and 1:30 pm, and dinner between 7 pm and 7:30 pm.
- Choose easily digestible foods: Avoid heavy or fried foods in the summer, and opt for light, homemade dishes like pudding, boiled noodles, soft rice, and fresh fruit juices.
- Milk alternatives: Instead of forcing milk on children during hot weather, consider giving them homemade lassi, buttermilk, or milkshakes.
- Fresh food: Ensure your child eats fresh food to avoid food poisoning and diarrhea, which are more common in the summer.
- Fresh seasonal fruits: Fruits like watermelon, guava, mango, and lychee are excellent choices for children in the summer, but avoid consuming them on an empty stomach.
- Provide enough fluids: Kids lose a lot of fluids through sweating in the summer, so monitor their water intake and consider offering canned water, lemon water, or raw mango juice.
Mangoes are a popular and delicious fruit available from April to August in Bangladesh. They offer a wide range of health benefits:
- Rich in iron and sodium, mangoes help fill nutritional gaps.
- They can reduce harmful cholesterol levels, fight diabetes, and even combat cancer cells.
- Mangoes are a great source of protein, which boosts the body’s immunity.
- High in vitamin A, mangoes improve eyesight and skin health.
- Both ripe and raw mangoes have their advantages, with raw mangoes being particularly beneficial for the liver and digestion.
Oranges are a powerhouse of nutrition, containing vitamin C, calcium, carbohydrates, flavonoids, fiber, potassium, and iron. Here’s why they are so popular:
- Oranges support supple and beautiful skin, thanks to their high vitamin content.
- They are low in calories and rich in fiber, aiding in weight management.
- The nutritional value of oranges is especially beneficial for diabetics due to their low sugar content.
- Oranges can be enjoyed as a fruit or incorporated into various dishes and juices.
Lemons are a fantastic ingredient for skincare and overall health:
- Start your day with warm water mixed with lemon juice and a little honey or sugar to refresh your body and improve skin health.
- Lemon can help reduce skin oiliness and acne when applied topically.
- It’s rich in vitamins and minerals that promote clear, glowing skin.
- Lemon can be used in various beauty treatments, making it a versatile addition to your routine.
Tomatoes are a versatile vegetable that can enhance your skin and overall well-being:
- Eating at least one raw tomato daily can benefit your health by providing essential nutrients.
- Tomatoes are effective in treating sunburn and damaged skin. Rubbing tomato halves on your skin can help.
- They are also excellent for reducing dark circles and wrinkles. Combine tomato and lemon juice for an effective remedy.
- Tomatoes can increase skin radiance when used in masks with orange and cucumber juice.
Incorporate these fruits into your diet and skincare routine to enjoy their numerous health benefits while keeping your body fit and radiant throughout the year.